Welcome to LIONS 322B1 Blood Bank
The Lions District 322B1 Blood Bank was established in 1992-1993 by the then undivided Lions District 322B under the leadership of Lion Anand Chopra, the then District Governor.
Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) has continuously provided support to the bank. Currently, it is a 1500 sqft air-conditioned blood bank, which stores about 20,000 units of blood and components every year. It collects blood from voluntary donors, as well as donation camps organized frequently at schools, corporate institutions, local clubs and various Lions Clubs.
The myths associated with donating blood, as well as a general public apathy towards it, makes the task of running a blood bank entirely on voluntary donations a challenging task.
The equipment for blood testing, separation and storage is extremely expensive, and has been installed keeping in mind the long-term goals of the Bank. Plans are afoot to build a network of clinics and satellite stations around the city, so that no person dies due to shortage of blood.